When you think about adding more power to your pride, what comes to mind? Celebrating with friends? Checking out Pride Month events? Advocating and spreading awareness? What if you could create ways for yourself to honor pride all year long, and support your spiritual practice at the same time? Whoa, sign us up, right? Beginning one or two rituals to amp up your pride can bring you a powerful way to stay balanced, celebrated, and honored every month of the year – not just in June! Rituals are a way of incorporating certain things into your spiritual practice, and can be used in so many ways and bring energy to so many different areas of life, including your expression of your pride.
When it comes to time commitment, rituals can be as complicated as you make them, or as simple and easy as you make them. Below we’re sharing three rituals to amplify your pride, and we’re including simplified rituals as well as more involved ones. You take what works for you and leave the rest, knowing that what works for you is what you’re meant to incorporate into your practice. Make the pieces you take meaningful to you and add intention behind them to really ramp up the power in your pride rituals. This keeps you connected to this important part of yourself and your life on an ongoing basis. Your spiritual practice is here to support what’s important to you – and we’re all here for that, right?
Heart-Centered Pride Ritual. This ritual is a great one for beginners because it only requires a couple of items you’ll likely already have around your home, and it doesn’t require a huge time commitment. Can we get an amen? The Heart-Centered Pride Ritual is intended to be practiced in the evening before bed, as to let the energy surround you overnight, but work it into your life wherever it fits and enjoy the rewards.
- You will need:
- a rose quartz crystal
- an item of brightly colored clothing
- a candle (white is best, but any color will work)
- Step 1: Put on your brightly colored item of clothing.
- Step 2: Sit in a quiet place, your altar can work beautifully for this, or anywhere else you can ground yourself and feel calm and focused.
Step 3: Light your candle, hold your rose quartz in your palm, and recite the following words:
I recognize the beauty and pride in my life,
I ask that it be backed with power and pure strength,
Rooted into my heart,
And reflected back to me with light and love.
- Step 4: Spend as much or as little time as you feel is right in this position, focusing on what comes up for you and your breath. Your brightly colored item of clothing represents pride and brightness being amplified in your life, and your rose quartz crystal is with you to open your heart center and allow this pride and brightness into your energy fields.
Water Ritual for Pride. The Water Ritual for Pride will bring light into your practice with its fluidity, which represents the fluidity of free choice. This ritual requires a few more items, but is powerful and can energetically boost your beliefs and sense of self. Perform this ritual when you need to invite strength into your life and let your pride flow deep within your soul, watering it and allowing it to grow and blossom.
- You will need:
- 3 candles, white or orange are best
- eucalyptus oil
- a large bowl of water
- epsom salt
- a crystal, citrine works perfectly for this ritual
- Step 1: Anoint the three candles with the eucalyptus oil, and light them.
- Step 2: Sprinkle some of the rosemary around the base of the candles.
- Step 3: Add epsom salt to the bottom of your bowl of water and place your crystal in the center of the bowl.
- Step 4: Focus on the flames of the candles and recite the following:
Pride and joy, come into my life,
Away with fear, distress, and strife,
I am strong, happy, and free,
No more negativity.
- Step 5: Hold your hands in the warmth over the flames for a few moments, then dip your fingertips into the epsom salt water and allow yourself to mindfully feel the water on your skin.
- Step 6: Blow out each candle safely, and dry your crystal.
- Step 7: Carry your crystal with you in a purse or pocket throughout the day.
The Root of Pride Ritual. This ritual requires a month to cultivate, and can be done every new moon cycle if you wish. Combining a ritual with the moon cycle? Talk about powerful! Use it to root your pride down into the earth and feed it strength, nourish it, and obtain the courage to display it proudly.
- You will need:
- a piece of paper and a pen or pencil
- a candle of any color
- an outdoor patch of land or a potted plant
- Step 1: With your paper and pen close by, light your candle in a calm area where you can focus fully on the ritual.
- Step 2: Spend a few moments visualizing your pride as a plant or tree with roots that run strong and deep into the ground.
- Step 3: On your piece of paper, draw this plant or tree that you visualize.
- Step 4: Fold the paper to form a small parcel.
- Step 5: Carefully using candle wax, seal the edges of the paper and blow out the candle.
- Step 6: Dig a small hole either in a patch of ground outdoors or in a potted plant and bury your parcel. Leave your parcel buried for a full moon cycle, and then remove it and burn it carefully. The rising smoke signifies your pride growing tall and strong.
Rituals to amplify your pride can help you get to know yourself better, become a cornerstone of your spiritual practice, and provide you a solid foundation to share your pride from. There are so many benefits to adding rituals into your practice, whether you go through all the steps of your favorite ritual above or only take a few steps and make it your own, create something powerful that feels right for you and supports your pride. Don’t forget to share with us which ritual speaks to you and how it adds to your practice by tagging us @SmudgeWellness!