It stands to reason that crystals, one of our favorite Earthly creations, have a solid connection to another natural beauty: water. Whether used as part of your daily rituals, as a cleanser or a charger, or as an additional tool in your holistic wellness practice, pairing crystals with water is a great choice. Here are 5 things you didn’t know about crystals and water: a formidable duo and how you can use them both to kick your spiritual wellness up a notch.
5 THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT CRYSTALS AND WATER
- Water is an excellent cleanser for (most of) your healing crystals. Your crystals not only house their energy but can take on the energy of what surrounds them – just like you! So it’s essential to cleanse them regularly to protect their special magic and expunge any negativity they may have absorbed. Fresh or saltwater can be used for your crystals by rinsing them or submerging them. But be sure to note point number two!
- Not all healing crystals should be submerged or rinsed in water. While harder stones like Quartz are fine in water, some crystals are too porous and degrade with prolonged exposure to liquid. A good rule of thumb is that healing crystals with the ending “ite” (e.g. Kyanite, Selenite) should be cleansed with a damp cloth rather than submerged or heavily rinsed.
Water and crystals work well together
- Recharge your healing crystals by using Full Moon water. Tides are controlled by the lunar cycle, making them a potent celestial force that can be used as a tool to amplify our spiritual wellness practices. An excellent way to channel the energy put off by the moon and add a boost to your (non “ite”) crystals is to leave a jar or glass of water out during the next Full Moon. The next day, use that water to add some extra power.
- You can pair healing crystals with your shower or bath for a soothing daily ritual. While some consider a daily bath or shower a must-do, it can be turned into a meaningful opportunity to reinforce your intentions and infuse your day with an extra dose of peace and calm. Choose a healing crystal (or a few!) that will help channel the type of energy that you need for that particular day. For example, if you’d like to move through your day with more peaceful energy, choose Amethyst, Aquamarine, or Laced Blue Agate. If you have a lot to tackle, you might want to reach for your Tiger’s Eye, Red Jasper, or Clear Quartz. Waiting for your conditioner to work is a great time for the crystal to work its magic on your hair, hold the crystals in your hands and repeat an affirmative, action-oriented mantra such as “I am peaceful” or “I am determined and focused.” If you use smaller stones, you can bring them along with you that day to remind you of this affirmation and your resolve to shape your behavior and outcomes accordingly. Pro tip: tie a few of your favorite mini-crystals in a cotton mesh bag around your shower head or let them soak in the tub to give your water an extra healing touch.
- Drinking water infused with crystals is a great way to give yourself a power boost: Sure, protein shakes or green smoothies can help your body, but adding some crystals to your water bottle can help your soul. We recommend sticking to calming Amethyst or a type of hard, non-porous Quartz, such as self-compassionate Rose Quartz or clarifying Clear Quartz, for this pairing of water and healing crystals. Simply add the crystals to your favorite water bottle or pitcher and infuse your water with their good vibes (per number 1, do this with thoroughly cleansed crystals!). Product win: our Rose Quartz cocktail spheres – store them in your freezer to keep your water nice and cold while giving you a dose of self-love. Win-win!