Tarot has always been a resource for self-growth and personal development, and it’s what I explain to every client who comes my way for reading. I see the card placements as a mirror, reflecting us the current energies, mindset, and unconscious desires impacting our lives. Let’s explore a 10 card spread for self-growth.
Life can be hectic. We tend to move from moment to moment, constantly running towards the next experience without much “mindfulness.” We don’t allow ourselves the space and time necessary to slow down so that we can receive our intuitive messages clearly and concisely.
Tarot helps you open your mind to new possibilities, increases your creativity, and can provide validation that you’re on the right path.
Understanding Your Past with a 10 Card Tarot Spread
Our past experiences can have a huge impact on how we deal with the present moment. Your upbringing, environment, and societal conditioning help develop proper coping mechanisms and give you the tools to deal with everyday stressors in your life. A deeper understanding of your past can help guide you on your strengths and weaknesses and how to overcome your biggest challenges.
Uncover Your Potential for Self Growth
A tarot spread can be an excellent tool to help you see where the growth potential is. Think of it as having a map to help you find any “hidden” talents or perhaps show you a perspective you might not see on your own. Tarot helps you open your mind to new possibilities, increases your creativity, and can provide validation that you’re on the right path.
A 10 CARD SPREAD FOR SELF-GROWTH
Make Decisions with a 10 Card Tarot Spread for Self Growth
Most difficult choices arise from navigating internal conflict around what we truly desire and what we “think” we should do. This can be exasperated with any doubts or worries that we may make a wrong decision that could jeopardize our future.
You can weigh the pros and cons of the choices you are presented with tarot.
Rather than making decisions from a place of fear, scarcity, or lack, you can make empowered, heart-centered, soul-aligned choices.
Below is a ten-card tarot spread to help you along your journey towards personal growth.
SELF-GROWTH TAROT SPREAD
- Your Past Self – How is your past history affecting the current situation?
- Your Current Self – Who are you now/what is your current situation?
- Your Higher Self – Who is it that you are meant to be, without the limitations?
- Challenge – What prevents you from embodying your higher self?
- Family Patterns – What are the impressions, positive or negative, that your upbringing has had on you (parents, peers, environment, generational, etc)
- Personal Issues – What insecurities, coping mechanisms, anxieties, and fears do you hold consciously or unconsciously?
- Conscience – What does your conscience say you “should” do? What do you think is the “right” thing to do?
- Desire – What do you really want to do? What would you do if you knew that there wouldn’t be any negative consequences?
- Lesson – What lesson are you meant to learn from this moment?
10. Advice – What you need to hear to help you make an informed decision.