The more I learn about the world, the more I’m realizing how many awesome things that exist in this world that we can tap into. The moon is a wonderful resource that we can utilize in different ways. You can charge your crystals, you can intensify rituals and spells or just dance (naked if your hood allows) in the moonlight. Here are a couple of my favorite practices for during the Full Moon that support my mental health.
Full Moon Ritual For Releasing What No Longer Serves You
- Set up a space with intention, light your favorite candle or incense
- Meditate for 5-10 minutes
- Write a list of what you want to let go of – situation, people, behaviors, habits
- With a spirit of release, burn the list and drop it into a bowl of water
- Complete the ritual with an epsom salt bath while visualizing how you are going to replace what you released with new actions or people or elements
Full Moon Ritual For Cleansing Your Space
- Set an intention for what you want to release from your space and/or draw into your space
- Burn some incense or your favorite smudging herb
- Move through the space with that intention in mind
- Complete the ritual by open the window after to allow the energy to flow in and out as needed
Full Moon Ritual For Dreaming
- Set up a space with intention, light your favorite candle or incense cone
- Meditate for 5-10 minutes
- Write a list of what your biggest dreams, the ones that make you squirm
- Observe the moon and speak those dreams out loud with full confidence and belief that they will come true
- Journal what comes up for you during that activity
- Complete the ritual with some yoga or some crafting or take a bath
These are a few of my go to practices but I also like to switch things up and learn new things and while I was reading this week, I came across the “The Spirit Almanac: A Modern Guide to Ancient Self-Care”. They talked about humming as a tool for facilitating release and spoke about Harvard medical school completed a review of research and how they found many healing properties that come from the vibrations of music. My mind connected that with the beautiful sound healing from Miya and how deeply I felt that – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi_slJHSvn8 – so this full moon I will be trying this ritual from authors Emma Loewe and Lindsay Kellner as written by Kalia Kelmenson.
- Sit quietly in a space where you will not be disturbed.
- “Imagine yourself in your mind’s eye, and then begin to deconstruct that image. What colors, scents, temperatures, textures, and other qualities are you made of? Are you oceanic or made of desert, or flowers?” Consider the qualities of how you are now compared to how you would like to be next year, and what you would need to draw in and to release in order to become those qualities.
- Let your senses fully experience the qualities you want to draw in. “If you decided fire was your element, feel the heat. If mint was your flavor, taste and smell it”
- Let yourself release those elements, become open, and invite an element to come to you, rather than you choosing it. “Listen to what wants to be heard.”
- Close your lips and take several deep breaths, in and out through your nose.
- “On your next inhale, engage your low belly and start to hum. Hum into your colors, smells, tastes, and textures. This will help you translate the sound and find your frequency. Don’t be afraid to play if it’s not right at first.”
- Allow several full belly breaths, and return to humming.
- Bring the focus of your vibration to a single point, and choose an item to place in the light of the full moon to charge. “Let it be a reminder of your desired reality and the person you want to become.”
I hope that one of these rituals serves you this full moon. Please share with us on social media which one speaks to you or what you do for the full moon. Happy Eclipse!